English to VN/VN to English Translation and Editing
Seeking document translator and document quality control specialist to join a dynamic management consulting firm, at our District 1 office in Saigon. Our business and data analysts produce high level strategic analyses of client operations and data systems and we are searching for an energetic, detail-oriented communicator who can ensure that our insights and recommendations are communicated clearly and impactfully. You will support our workstream through translation/ edition/ document quality-control.
Under daily supervision by Document Control Associate – English translator/ Editor duties will include:
- Convert written reports from Vietnamese to equivalent reports in English.
- Editing texts already written in English/ translated into English.
- Copy and format editing documents per request.
- Relay/ compile concepts and ideas between Vietnamese and English.
- QC on all outbound deliverables to ensure information in documents being accurate in concept and format.
- Execute terminology alignment in our database and management of company knowledge base.
- Case study development for company’s projects in both Vietnamese and English.
- Providing support in project management when needed.
Document Control Specialist will generate weekly written reports and develop translation documents as directed by Document Control Associate.
- Minimum 2 month probation period, after which position becomes FT, salaried.
- Position open and available for immediate start, as of this posting date (4/4/19)
- Bachelor level degree in English, Linguistics, English Translation, Document Control, Archival Studies, Technical Writing, Operations Research, Business Administration, Communication, Marketing or related fields
- Native speaker in Vietnamese, business-fluent in English: written and verbal communication
- Experience in document control, translation, technical writing, research writing, copy editing, teaching
- Good understanding of logistics, manufacturing process, forecast planning and supply chain management.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Be adaptable and proactive. Work effectively both independently and as part of a team. Able to work under pressure
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite, Google Docs Suite, other presentation software.
- Self-motivated and dependable. Outgoing, direct personality, unafraid to ask questions, track record of meeting short term goals and willing to take initiative. Interest in working in a diverse office environment and contributing to a work culture that encourages dialogue, collaboration, and accountability.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org